Saturday, April 7, 2012

Training For Blue Ridge: Week 8

     Mon: Tempo: 10 miles: Greenway/Mill Mountain 10 Miler: Good 10 miler today. Faster than last weeks tempo 10 miler by almost 3 minutes, faster pace by 10 seconds per mile than the 8 miler tempo run on roughly the same course from 3 weeks ago, and despite my own better wisdom I went ahead and pushed for another sub 6 mile coming down the old road behind Mill Mountain.

     Wed: Intervals: 10.6 miles: 12 Laps: Explore Park: Beginner Trail: Same routine as last week with about the same results. I was just under a minute slower for the whole routine, but my mileage is higher for the week up to this point, so I guess I had to give something back somewhere. Still hit all pace targets for the 3rd week in a row, so I'm encouraged by that. Cutting my interval mileage back next week and returning it to the asphalt for my final pre race speed work.

     Thurs: Recovery: 5.2 miles: Random 5 Miler: Running in the rain is not something I get excited about, but this close to the Blue Ridge Half everything seems critical, so I did it anyway. I did substitute the elliptical in for the bike though, so I call it a 7-5-4 elliptirun as opposed to a brick. It was just a low intensity recovery day and I did cut it a bit short, but am overall happy with my effort.

     Sat: Long: 12 miles: Full Mountain 12 Miler: Shufflin' around in my new kicks today! Did the Full Mountain 12 Miler 3 minutes faster than last week and with a longer cycling leg in front of it. The full workout was a 10-12-10 brick, I used ultra low intensity for both cycling legs. Stats are looking good and I have a lot of enthusiasm heading into the next 2 weeks with the Mill Mountain Mayhem, Blue Ridge Half, and Angels Race! HERE is the comparison data for todays route vs the same route last Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Another great looking week! Let's be sure to catch up at Blue Ridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 weeks to go and the early forecasts are looking good! Its going to be a great event this year. We'll find you for sure.

      Delete