Monday, October 22, 2012

2012 Anthem Into The Darkness 4 Miler

2012 Anthem Into The Darkness
4 mile night trail run

      Faith and I both tackled this 4 mile night trail hike after having done the Fincastle 5k the same morning. Faith and her friend, Whitney, were hiking the course together and I gave them room to start out fast and pull way out in front while I hiked the course at a steady pace. I eventually caught up to them just past the 1 mile mile mark and we hiked it in together from there. Faith and I did the 2011 Anthem Into The Darkness event in about 1 hour and 40 minutes and I was hoping for a bit more spring in our step this year so I was happy to see that we set a PR by about 13 minutes with a time of 1 hr 26 min. 
The course
     Garmin Data: HERE 
 
     This is a timed event, so I kept the numbers in mind, but my main task was just to see that everybody stayed safe and had a good time on the trail. I mostly held back while the girls laughed and carried on about the stuff that girls talk about.
John Wimmer Photography did a great job as always with the event photography. 
Great shirt design on a long sleeve tee. Also, my race number was the same upside down and right side up.
Please support Mountain Junkie event sponsors.
     I wore my GoPro for most of the course, but after reviewing the recording I determined the lack of light rendered the final product essentially worthless as a visual component for this blog post, however the audio track may have some family value in later years.

2012 Anthem Into The Darkness 4 Mile Night Trail Run
time: 1:26:40.63, pace: 21:50/M, Place 508/513 overall, 34/34 in my age group, 247/249 among men

No comments:

Post a Comment