Saturday, December 29, 2012

Training For VA Creeper: Week 4

Training For VA Creeper Marathon
Week 4/16

     Mon: Progressive Hill Repeats: 4.35 miles: Did a warm up and a cool down on the elliptical and did the run in the middle. I kept my expectations to a minimum and started the run just looking to stay comfortable for the first lap, then progress from there. The faster I ran, the better it felt.

     Wed: Recovery/Tempo: Just kickin' it around easy today. Started out looking to maybe challenge myself, but then decided against it. I want this to be a low intensity week, so paces in the 9's are acceptable.

     Fri: Long/Intervals: Low intensity week, so I put a lot of walking in to this one, but I did go a longer distance than I had planned, so I it probably evens out some where. I had had wanted to see if  this route would be a full 26.2 mile marathon, but it came up a little short. My warm up walk to the starting line was 1/2 mile so that makes it a full marathon, but I only Garminized the Parkway/ Explore Park sectionsThe results show significant improvement from the similar, but shorter course of 5 and 6 weeks ago.


Pace Treadmill Trail Asphalt
Total
5

1
1
6 

1
1
7

7
7
  8
1 8
9
  9

10.5
10.5
  10

3
3
  11
2
2
 12




 




Walking 
1.5 7
8.5
 




  Total


42



  

No comments:

Post a Comment