Saturday, January 5, 2013

Training For VA Creeper: Week 5

Training For VA Creeper Marathon
Week 5/16

     Tues: Tempo/Intervals: 12 miles: Alternated between high 7's and high 8's. Disappointed that I wasn't in the low 7's and low 8's, but just didn't feel any control at those speeds. My weekly 12 miler has been consistently in low to mid 8's range for a while now, time to push it into the 7's.

     Fri: Long/Hill Repeats: 20 miles: Had intended to run this 4 mile loop 5 times. It is essentially all hill work with 2 miles of down and 2 miles of up. My goal was to do the downhill sections in the 8's and the uphill sections in the 9's. I met my pace targets for the first 17 miles, but decided to walk the last 2 mile uphill segment. Still finished with a sub 10 pace...just barely.

     Sat: Recovery/Race: 6.2 miles: Kicked off the 2013 trail race season with the Frozen Toe 10k trail race. My daughter and I are hiking 4 of the series events together this year and I needed some recovery miles after yesterdays 20 miler so this fit the bill perfectly. Race Report HERE when available.



PaceTreadmillTrailAsphalt
Total
5




6 



7

 6
6
  8

 16
16
  9

 8
8
  10




  11




 12




 




Walking 
62
8
 




  Total
632
38

No comments:

Post a Comment