Friday, January 18, 2013

Training For VA Creeper: Week 7

Training for VA Creeper Marathon
Week 7/16

     Sun: Neighborhood Walk: 3.2 Miles: Taking it easy after lifting weights

     Mon: Treadmill 4 Miler: Couldn't find any rhythm for it so I did 1 mile at 7:30 and walked the rest at a steep incline and a faster than usual walking pace. 

     Wed: Mountain Side 10 Miler (B): 10 Miles: Shins needing some extra warm up time, so I walk jogged a warm up mile and then set out to do the Full Mountain 12 Miler. I wasn't pushing hard for speed just looking to keep a sub10 pace for the uphill miles and a sub 8 pace on the down hills. It was challenging for the last uphill mile and the next to last down hill mile, but I pushed it and hit or exceeded all the targets. Turned around 1 mile early due to fog/visibility issues that I thought may be impacting safety. Did a cool down jog and still got 11.8 for the day, so I can be good with that.

     Fri: Alt Parkway 12 Miler: 12 Miles: Route was covered in 2-4 inches of virgin snow so I abandoned any sort of pace target and just took it easy. After about 3 miles I found a good steady groove in the 10's, but the snow also took its toll on my endurance, so I stopped after 11 and just walked the last mile. With no long run this week I'll do some extra mid distance work next week to average things out. 



PaceTreadmillTrailAsphalt
Total
5




6 

1
1
7 1
 4
5
  8

1
1
  9

4
4
  10

7
7
  11

4
4
 12

1
1
 




Walking  3
6
9
 




  Total4
28
32
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment