Friday, January 25, 2013

Training For VA Creeper: Week 8

Training For VA Creeper Marathon
Week 8/16

     Sun: Vibram 4 Miler: Speed walk with just enough scoots to keep the pace a 16 min/mile. Excellent route for this with a steep uphill that got my heart rate up, followed by a mile+ of trail, a mile on the Blue Ridge Parkway, then an easy 1/2 mile in the neighborhood. I'll be doing this more often...

     Mon: Progressive Hill Repeats: 7.5 Miles: 14 Laps around my block. Technically it was a 6 mile  progression run with a 1 mile cool down then a 1/2 mile kick. I didn't quite have it in me to hold 2 simultaneously faster laps in the 6's, so I did the first one then did two easy cool down laps, then kicked it hard on the last lap the 2nd lap one. Garmin acted up a little bit too by turning off once when I hit the lap button. Avg pace data for each lap is still deemed reliable.

     Wed: Alt Parkway 12 Miler: Looking to hold a pace in the high 7's and made it for 8 miles. 9th mile I intended to hold back and then sprint the last 1/4 to get it in under 8, but missed it by about 2 seconds. Finished up in the high 8's for a medium intensity cool down. Fastest 12 miler since early December.

     Fri: Random 15 Miler: Another long run interrupted by cold and snow. I just took it easy and got what I could out of it. The first 12 were low end progressives and the last 3 were cool down. 



PaceTreadmillTrailAsphalt
Total
5




6 

1
1
7

9
9
  8

6
6
  9

4
4
  10

5
5
  11

4
4
 12
14
5
 




Walking 
13
4
 




  Total
236
38
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment