Saturday, February 2, 2013

Training For VA Creeper: Week 9

Training For VA Creeper Marathon
Week 9/16
     Sun: Vibram Speed Walk: 4.4 Miles: Same neighborhood route as last week except for adding almost a half mile of parkway so as to turn around at a mile post instead of a random tree. Had to upgrade from a speed walk to a scoot while I was on the trail section to keep my pace below a 15 minute mile.
      
     Mon: Treadmill 8 Miler: I took it to the treadmill because I like the way you can just program in your speed and all you have to do is keep up. I wanted specific numbers 3 miles in the 6's, 3 miles in the 7's, and 1 mile of high intensity intervals with walk breaks. I started out a hair slow for the warm up, so the first mile came in at 7:01, but I nailed the other 2 with 6:50"s. I then decided I had found a groove and just stayed in the high and mid 7's for the remainder of the hour. Total of 8 miles in 59:20...fastest in quite a while.

     Wed: Stewarts Knob/Parkway Hybrid: 12 Miler: Testing out my new trail shoes. Salomon XR Mission Trail shoes. They felt supportive and comfortable. I got a blister, but such things are to be expected when breaking in new shoes. The trail was damp, the air was murky and plenty of drizzle was falling. All in all it just felt great to be outside absorbing the elements.

     Sat: Random Parkway 16+ Miler: This is essentially the same route that I call RBO&B when I'm cycling it. RBO&B means Roanoke Basin Overlook and Back. Its about the longest I can go in this area without encountering serious elevation changes. I wanted to see how long I could hold the 8"s, I made it 15 miles same as when I tried a month or so back. This time I did 11 miles progressive and then cooled down for the last 5. Dropped into the 10's for the 1.5 mile uphill finish. 

           
PaceTreadmillTrailAsphalt
Total
5




6  2

2
7 6
1
7
  8

17
17
  9
4
4
  10
22
4
  11
1
1
 12
1
1
 




Walking 
1 4
5
 




  Total8924
41
 

No comments:

Post a Comment