Friday, March 1, 2013

Training For VA Creeper: Week 13

Training For VA Creeper
Week 13/16

     Mon: Parkway/Stewarts Knob 8 Miler: Tempo: 4th time running this course with the other 3 times being kinda close together right at a year ago. I did get a course PR today, but I'm not certain what it really means since the other times I ran this course I had ridden my bike to the start location and this time I drove my truck. Still a PR is a PR!

     Wed: Greenway/Mill Mtn 12 Miler: Tempo: I only ran this route once before back in March 2011 and I was faster today by about 80 seconds. I was looking for something in the 1:35 range, but the numbers still suggest a strong, steady uphill and an ability to hold a sub 8 pace

     Fri: Salt Pond Loop/QOL 20+ Miler: Long/Recovery: Just set out to continue my exploration of Salt Pond Rd. Happy to say I have now ran all of Salt Pond Rd west of the Parkway. With two tempo runs under my belt I saw no need at all to push the pace on this one. I hiked a 3 mile section and did some walk intervals here and there at other points along the course. Very relaxing way to spend the morning and get in some time on my feet.

     Sat: Explore Your Limits 5k: 3.1 Miles: This is another hiking event with Faith, so I'm going to add these miles into my grid a day early knowing in advance that my pace will qualify as walking miles in the grid below. I'll link to a race report after I write one. 




PaceTreadmillTrailAsphalt
Total
5




6 




7
212
14
  8
35
8
  9
15
6
  10
33
6
  11

3
3
 12

1
1
 




Walking 
60
6
 




  Total
1529
44
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment