Friday, March 8, 2013

Training For VA Creeper: Week 14

Training For VA Creeper Marathon
Week 14/16

     Sun: Hood Intervals: 8.73 Miles: Did the first 8 laps using a 9-7-8-6 pattern, but found the 6's to be harsh, so I backed off to an easy 10-8-9-7 pattern for the last 8 laps. I'll be tapering off a little this week, but I've felt the traditional 3 week taper I've done before was a bit too much, so I won't be tapering as much for week 14 as I have done with past training schedules. Looks like some serious snow in the forecast too, so I'm doing some things different this week to avoid running in snow. Not that I have anything against it, I just don't want to do my key workouts in it.

     Tue: Alt Parkway 12 Miler: I'd have rather done this on Wednesday, but the forecast called for snow, so I squeezed it in a day early. Didn't much feel like running, but after 7 miles I didn't really want to stop...I did slow down some though...tried to hold each mile just under an 8, but the two hard uphill miles on the back end proved to be a bit much so I kicked em in at just under 9 instead.

     Fri: Greenway 16 Miler: Just wanted to see how long I could hold a pace in the 7's. I had only planned to run 16 miles, but if I was still kickin' it at a sub 8, then I would have kept going...I made it 15 miles and then started fading fast. Had I been doing a longer run I probably would have wrapped up alternating between 10's and 8's. The winds coming off the river were brutal, so that contributed to my fatigue significantly.

     Sat: Recovery Walk: 3.5 Miles: Planning a slow 4 mile family walk, but not sure if its gonna happen Sat or Sun. Publishing this post Friday but will edit it to add the walk or delete this paragraph.

PaceTreadmillTrailAsphalt
Total
5




6 

1
1
7

27
27
  8

5
5
  9

2
2
  10

1
1
  11




 12




 




Walking 
13
4
 




  Total
139
40
 

No comments:

Post a Comment