Wednesday, October 30, 2013

2013 Into The Darkness

2013 Into The Darkness
4 Mile Night Trail Race

Spending time on the area trails is essential for my mental health, but being in the woods at night adds a valuable dimension to the experience. I would like to see Into The Darkness become a quarterly race just to be able to appreciate the dynamic within the context of the changing seasons. As a quarterly event it could possibly even give birth to a new trail race series with series awards as well as awards for the individual races.

For now though, Into the Darkness is a stand alone event. I approached it this year with some hope of beating my 2010 time of  32:36, but I just couldn't find any intensity for it so I ended up with a 35:46 which is still better than average for my recent trail running stats which have tended to fall in the 9's and 10's lately. Having just completed my first 50k one week earlier and having spent most of the past several months focusing on long, slow distance running probably has me in a more complacent mind set with my running. It will be interesting to see how long it takes me to snap out of it and get competitive again.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment