Monday, March 21, 2016

2016 Martinsville Half Marathon

2016
Martinsville Half Marathon

What an amazing race. Never expected a half marathon PR, but was just in my zone from the start. Prior to race start I did a few short sprints across the parking lot and I felt really good. I should have known it was going to be epic, but I just kept everything contained and looked for a solid run.

I hardly looked at Garmin at all, maybe at the mile markers or maybe a bit more often than just that, but still my focus was on the burn. The first place chick spoke to me some as I was finishing up mile 3, then she pulled ahead. I caught back up to her at mile 5 and barreled on past her as I blazed through 3 downhill miles.

It was a fantastic race. I got passed by a guy during mile 11. I was weak. I needed the new blood to pull me forward. I didn't want the spot, I just wanted to somebody to follow.

It cost me the #1 Age Group spot. I didn't care. I had a PR at the 13.1 mile distance on a certified course. Today was a win in every way that conceivably counts. 

At this point the Blue Ridge Half Marathon is what matters. My focus, my training, my daily motivation is for Apr. 16.  

No comments:

Post a Comment