Saturday, February 11, 2012

Back up and punt...,

     The unseasonably warm weather lately has given me an opportunity to try some things differently than what I've done in the past. Lately, I've been riding my bike to the gym prior to my swimming workouts, and riding my bike to various trails off the Blue Ridge Parkway prior to my running workouts. Consequently, I have been accumulating mega cycling miles and turning most of running into bricks...and I liked it!

     Running in bricks has made my paces slower, but it feels like the right thing to do. Part of the appeal of  racing for me is experimenting with my training and seeing what makes me slower and what makes me faster, of course from year to year the variables are just too great to say what exactly might have produced a given result, but again..., that's part of the appeal.

     So with training for the Blue Ridge Half starting in just 2 days I'm going to tweak my training schedule towards slightly less running and more bricks. I think this will provide at least as good a shot as my prior plan at a Blue Ridge Half PR plus since that is going to be a double header weekend with the Angels Race triathlon I think it will greatly improve my chances of a PR at that event as well. Here is my new revised training schedule:

Revised training plan for BRHM
  

No comments:

Post a Comment