Friday, March 15, 2013

Training For VA Creeper: Week 15

Training For VA Creeper
 Week 15/16

     Mon: Treadmill 6 Miler: Started at 7.7 mph and increased the speed by 1/10th every half mile to wrap up at 8.8 mph. In generally accepted pace terms this represents starting out at a high 7 and finishing up in the high 6's. Final time was 44:15. Good run. I'll be dropping my mileage by a considerable chunk this week, so I want to see plenty of 7's.

     Wed: Alt Parkway 10 Miler: Settled into the mid 7's and stayed there for all but the 2 uphill miles at the end. Not quite a PR for this route, but not far from it.

     Fri: Full Mountain 12 Miler + 2 mile cool down: Having spent plenty of time pacing in the 7's for the past week and a half, I just wanted to take it a little easier on myself and promote injury free running. I only pushed the pace a little on the uphills and took it extremely easy on the down hills. No need to risk injury this close to race day.

 

      

PaceTreadmillTrailAsphalt
Total
5




6  1


1
7 5
8
13
  8

12
12
  9

4
4
  10




  11




 12




 




Walking  1




6
 




  Total7

24
31
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment